Books and Resources for Helping Children Through Divorce
- Two Homes by Claire Masurel; children’s book.
- Standing on My Own Two Feet: A Child’s Affirmation of Love in the Midst of Divorce by Tamara Schmitz; children’s book.
- Dinosaurs Divorce by Marc Brown and Laurie Krasny Brown; children’s book.
- Divorce: Little Children Big Challenges. Sesame Street has online videos and a toolkit to help young children with divorce. https://www.sesamestreet.org/toolkits/divorce
- Divorce is Not the End of the World: Zoe and Evan’s Coping Guide for Kids by Zoe and Evan Stern.
- A Smart Girl’s Guide to Her Parents’ Divorce: How to Land on Your Feet When Your World Turns Upside Downby Nancy Holyoke; an American Girl book.
- It’s Not the End of the World by Judy Blume.
- I am a Child of Divorce Website, http://iamachildofdivorce.com, includes a downloadable mini book about feelings for kids.
- Managing in the Middle, class for elementary aged children about divorce and being in the middle. https://traversecc.org/managing-in-the-middle/
- The Divorce Helpbook for Teens by Cynthia MacGregor.
- Divorce and Teens. A website with information about divorce for teens. http://divorceandteens.weebly.com
- My Not-So-Terrible Time at the Hippie Hotel, by Rosemary Graham; fiction novel about spending summer away with other divorce kids at Farnsworth Hotel.